356B DuPont Hall
Newark, Delaware 19716
PhD | 2016 | Civil Engineering, University of Florida
MS | 2013 | Civil Engineering, University of Florida
BS | 2011 | Civil Engineering, University of Montenegro
Advanced materials for sustainable and resilient structures, repair and retrofitting methods, reinforced and prestressed concrete, bridge engineering, durability of building materials, fracture mechanics, multiscale materials characterization.
- Bridges for the Future
Journal Publications *corresponding author **student supervised by Dr. Tatar
- N. Brenkus*, J. Tatar, H.R. Hamilton, G.R. Consolazio. “Simplified Finite Element Modeling of Post-Tensioned Concrete Members with Mixed Bonded and Unbonded Tendons”. Engineering Structures, under review (submitted September 2017).
- J. Tatar*, G. Subhash, C.R. Taylor, H. R. Hamilton. “Characterization of Adhesive Interphase Between Epoxy and Cement Paste Via Raman Spectroscopy and Mercury Intrusive Porosimetry”. Cement and Concrete Composites, under review (submitted June 2017).
- J. Tatar*, C. Torrence**, J.J. Mecholsky, C.R. Taylor, H.R. Hamilton (2017). “Effects of Silane Surface Functionalization on Interfacial Fracture Energy and Durability of Adhesive Bond between Cement Paste and Epoxy”, International Journal of Adhesives and Adhesion, accepted for publication.
- J. Tatar*, D. Wagner, H.R. Hamilton (2016). “Structural Testing and Dissection of Carbon Fiber-Reinforced Polymer-Repaired Bridge Girders Taken Out of Service”. ACI Structural Journal, 113(6), pp. 1357-1367.
- J. Tatar*, H.R. Hamilton (2016). “Comparison of Laboratory and Field Environmental Conditioning on FRP-Concrete Bond Durability”. Construction and Building Materials, 122, pp. 525-536. DOI: 10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2016.06.074
- J. Tatar*, H.R. Hamilton (2015). “Implementation of Bond Durability in the Design of Flexural Members with Externally Bonded FRP”. ASCE Journal of Composites for Construction, 20(3).
- B.P. Blackburn**, J. Tatar*, E.P. Douglas, H.R. Hamilton (2015). “Effects of Hygrothermal Conditioning on Epoxy Adhesives Used in FRP Composites”. Construction and Building Materials, 96C, pp. 679-689. DOI: 10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2015.08.056
- J. Tatar*, H.R. Hamilton (2015). “Bond Durability Factor for Externally Bonded CFRP Systems in Concrete Structures”. ASCE Journal of Composites for Construction, 20(1).
- A.S. Larkin, J. Tatar, C.W. Dolan* (2011). “Parametric Study of Web Bonded CFRP Shear Reinforcement on Internal Steel Stresses”, ACI Special Publication 275, pp. 1-12.
- J. Tatar*, H.R. Hamilton (2014). “Comparison of Field and Laboratory Durability Test Data”. Proceedings of The Composites and Advanced Materials Expo (CAMX), October 13-16, 2014, Orlando, FL. DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.1.1864.7524
- J. Tatar*, H.R. Hamilton (2014). “Effect of Moisture on the Adhesive Bond under Direct Shear”. Proceedings of The 7th International Conference on FRP Composites in Civil Engineering (CICE 2014), August 20-22, 2014, Vancouver, Canada. DOI: 10.13140/2.1.1131.6483
- J. Tatar*, C. Weston s, P. Blackburn s, H.R. Hamilton (2013). “Direct Shear Adhesive Bond Test”, Proceedings of the 11th International Symposium of Fiber Reinforced Polymer for Reinforced Concrete Structures (FRPRCS-11), June 26-28, Guimaraes, Portugal. DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.1.3961.9045
- K.A. Harries*, H.R. Hamilton, J. Kassan, J. Tatar (2012). “Development of Standard Bond Capacity Test for FRP Bonded to Concrete”, Proceedings of The 6th International Conference on FRP Composites in Civil Engineering – CICE 2012, June 13-15, Rome, Italy.