Earl (Rusty) Lee II
Associate Professor; Director, T2; LTAP Center
308 Dupont Hall
Newark, Delaware 19716
2006 | Ph.D. | Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
2004 | M.S. | Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
1978 | Bachelor of Science | Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Applied operations research methodologies in the areas of homeland security, hazards mitigation, and vulnerability; technologies for collaborative decision making, with particular emphasis on incident and emergency management; advanced traffic engineering; intelligent transportation systems
- Infrastructure Systems
- “Modeling Pedestrian Crossing Behavior Using Bayesian Network” (with N. Attoh-Okine and R. Bedeley). Accepted for publication in Transport – Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers
- “Marine Vessels as Substitutes for Heavy-Duty Trucks in Great Lakes Freight Transportation” (with B. Comer, J. Corbett, S. Hawker, K. Korfmacher, C. Prokop, J. Winebrake). Journal of the Air&Waste Management Association, Vol. 6, No. 7, 2010.
- “Urban Bus Transit Network Modeling Using Ant Algorithms” (with S. Eshragh, S.A. Zargari, and A. Faghri). Journal of Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 80-83, 2010.
- “Utilizing the Hilbert-Huang Transform for Near-Term Travel Time Prediction” (with M. T. Shourijeh, K. Hamad and A. Faghri). Computer-Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, Vol. 24, pp 551-576, 2009.
- “Logic-based Multi-Objective Optimization for Restoration Planning” (with J. Gong, J. Mitchell and W. Wallace). In Optimization and Logistics Challenges in the Enterprise (W. Chaovalitwongse, K.C. Furman, and P.M. Pardalos, Eds.)) Springer Book Series on Optimization and Its Applications (SOIA), Vol. 30. Springer Publishing Company, New York , NY. 2009
- “Network Flow Approaches for Analyzing and Managing Disruptions to Interdependent Infrastructure Systems” (with J. Mitchell and W. Wallace). In Wiley Handbook of Science and Technology for Homeland Security (J. G. Voeller, Ed.) John Wiley&Sons, Inc, Hoboken, NJ. 2009.
- “Restoration of Services in Interdependent Infrastructure Systems: A Network Flows Approach” (with W.A. Wallace and J. E. Mitchell) IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics – Part C, Vol. 37, No. 6, pp 1303 – 1317, 2007.
- “Probes as Path Seekers” (with A. Demers, G. F. List, W. Wallace and J. Wojtowicz) In Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, No. 1944, TRB, National Research Council, Washington, DC, 2006, pp. 107-114.
- “A Systems View of Data Integration for Emergency Response” (with P. Salasznyk, G. F. List, and W. A. Wallace). International Journal of Emergency Management, Vol. 3, No. 4, 2006.
- “Managing Disruptions to Critical Infrastructure Interdependencies in the Context of the World Trade Center Attack” (with W.A. Wallace, D.M. Mendonca, J.E. Mitchell, and J.H. Chow) In Beyond September 11th: An Account of Post-Disaster Research ( J. L. Monday, Ed.), University of Colorado, Boulder, CO. 2003, pp 165-198.
- “A Mathematical Optimization Model for Locating Telecommuting Centers” (with M. T. Shourijeh and A. Faghri). Being prepared for submission to the European Journal of Operations Research. (to be submitted in November, 2009)
- “A Statistical Comparison of Methods to Determine Travel Times and Driver Delay” (with R. Wang and A. Faghri). Being prepared for GPS Solutions. (to be submitted in September, 2009)
- “Measuring Driver Compliance with Dynamic Route Guidance Systems – Results from a Field Experiment” (with A. Demers, G. List and W. Wallace). Being prepared for IEEE Transactions in Intelligent Transportation Systems. (to be submitted in December, 2009)
- “Modeling the Resilience of Interdependent Infrastructure Systems” (with J.E. Mitchell and W.A. Wallace) Being prepared for submission to Journal of Infrastructure Systems. (to be submitted in December, 2009)
- “Using Micro-Simulation Traffic Models for the Management of Special Events” (with B. Bertoli, J. Wojtowicz and W. Wallace). Being prepared for IEEE Transactions in Intelligent Transportation Systems. (to be submitted in December, 2009)
View Full CV