The 10 most recent news stories:
- DCT Convenes Regional Transportation Forum
- The Delaware Center for Transportation convened its 5th Transportation Forum on Wednesday, November 13. More than 300 participants from the public and private sectors and academia gathered to identify and discuss the most pressing issues facing our transportation infrastructure today. The Forum was covered by several news outlets: in addition to the story linked, the Forum was covered by CBS news of Philadelphia and WDDE.
- International symposium held in honor of Leshchinsky
- Experts from 34 countries gathered in Italy recently to honor the lifetime acheivements of CEE Professor Dov Leshchinsky.
- Hurricane research
- CEE Professor Rachel Davidson and Tricia Wachtendorf, Associate Professor of Sociology, land major NSF grant to develop models for decision making during hurricanes.
- Assistant Professor Holly Michael named Unidel Fraser Russell Chair for the Environment
- Assistant Professor Holly Michael, who holds a joint appointment in Civil and Environmental Engineering, was recently named Unidel Fraser Russell Chair for the Environment.
- Prof. Herb Allen named 2013 ACS Fellow
- Emeritus Professor Herb Allen was recently elected fellow of the American Chemical Society
- UD-CEE researchers monitor health of Indian River Inlet bridge
- The new Indian River Inlet Bridge in lower Delaware is the first long span, cable supported bridge in the U.S. to have a permanent structural monitoring system installed during construction. Read how UD CEE professors are leading the research effort to bring this advanced technology forward in monitoring the structural health of the new bridge.
- CEE pilots new optional co-op program
- The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering is piloting a new optional co-op program that will allow rising seniors to gain practical experience while they complete their degree.
- CEE offers new minors in sustainability
- Beginning in the fall of 2013 the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering will offer two new minors with a focus in sustainability.
CEE's News Page