The 10 most recent news stories:
- All about Microbes
- Researchers from civil and environmental engineering participated in the third annual Microbial Systems Symposium held Feb. 3 at the Perkins Student Center.
- Newark the feature of a study on impacts of home shopping
- A recent article by Prof. Arde Faghri and his students studied the impacts of home online shopping on vehicle operations and greenhouse gas emissions. The impacts are greater than one might expect.
- Reducing the Relics of War
- A team of faculty in Civil and Environmental Engineering recently received a four-year, $1.75 million grant from the Strategic Environmental Research and Development Program (SERDP) to measure and predict the rate at which munitions constituents degrade.
- Big Data in Railroad Maintenance Planning mini-conference hosted by UD-CEE
- A mini-conference, “Big Data in Railroad Maintenance Planning,” will be held from 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 9, in the Trabant University Center Theatre. The conference is co-hosted by the Railroad Engineering and Safety Program of the University of Delaware’s College of Engineering and UD’s Center for Big Data Research and Education.
- Engineers Without Borders to implement water systems in Malawi, Philippines
- Learn more and watch videos about UD-EWB's new projects in Malawi and Philippines.
- Puleo receives DOD funding to study fate of munitions on beaches
- The objective of the four-year project, which is funded through the DOD’s SERDP, is to quantify the small-scale processes on the beach face responsible for munitions mobility, including transport, burial and excavation.
- Young Coastal Scientists and Engineers Conference-North America
- More than 60 graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and early-career professionals shared their research at the Young Coastal Scientists and Engineers Conference-North America on the University of Delaware campus from July 27-29.