The 10 most recent news stories:
- CEE professors study potential for biomarkers in concrete
- CEE professors Julia Maresca and Thomas Schumacher are collaborating on a project to study microbes as potential biomarkers for damaged concrete
- Puleo and students study sediment transport in Kent marshland
- Professor Jack Puleo of civil and environmental engineering, and Professor Tom McKenna of geological sciences, are studying tidal movement of sediment in the Brockonbridge Marsh in Kent Co., Delaware.
- UD-CEE Professors Recognized for Innovative Technology
- CEE Professors Gillespie and Mertz were among the team that was recently awarded the 2013 Pankow Award for Innovation from the American Society of Civil Engineers, for the development of the Hybrid Composite Beam.
- In Memorium - Professor Shinya Kikuchi
- Professor Shinya Kikuchi, a long time faculty member of the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, and more recently a member of the faculty at Virginia Tech, passed away on Dec. 6, 2012
- Meehan named ASCE Delaware Young Engineer of the Year
- Associate Professor Chris Meehan, the Bentley Systems Incorporated Chair of Civil Engineering was recently named the 2012 ASCE Delaware Section Young Engineer of the Year.
- Professor Meehan wins ASCE ExCEEd Teaching Award
- Professor Chris Meehan received the ASCE’s ExCEEd New Faculty Excellence in Teaching Award at the American Society for Engineering Education annual conference on June 12
- In Memoriam
- Emeritus Professor Arnold D. Kerr passed away on May 27, 2012.
- Meehan awarded Fulbright to study in Finland
- Professor Chris Meehan has been awarded a Fulbright Scholarship. He will spend his sabbatical next year in Finland conducting research on geothermal energy.
- Technical Sessions Honor the Late Professor Jerry Yamamuro
- Two technical sessions at the 2012 GeoCongress honored the memory of Professor Jerry A. Yamamuro (1954 – 2010). From 1999 to 2003 Professor Yamamuro was a faculty member of the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the University of Delaware.
- Civil engineering students win GeoPrediction competition
- UD CEE undergraduates Matt Dove and James Bailey won the Mohr's Circle award at the 2012 GeoChallenge GeoPredictio competition.
CEE's News Page