The 10 most recent news stories:
- Dentel receives global outreach award in his honor
- Steven K. Dentel was honored as the namesake and inaugural recipient of the Association of Environmental Engineering and Science Professors (AEESP) Steven K. Dentel Award for Global Outreach.
- Cedrick Johnson (BCE '95) receives Presidential Citation for Outstanding Acheivement
- Cedrick Johnson, a 1995 civil engineering graduate and President of Airport Design Consultants, is one of 10 UD alums to receive the President's Citation for Outstanding Achievement.
- Enviromental major D'Agostino experiences Taiwan through summer research internship
- Junior environmental engineering major Tim D'Agostino was one of five UD students to spend the summer at National Chung Hsing University in Taiwan on an international research internship.
- Faghri leads new CEE UTC
- The Delaware Center for Transportation (DCT), a research center housed in the University of Delaware’s Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, will share in $5.2 million in federal funding for environmentally sustainable transportation research as part of a regional consortium of universities.
- Civil and Environmental Engineering Golf Outing Brings Alumni Together
- This year’s CEE golf outing held on June 6, 2014, brought more than 50 alumni together at Deerfield Golf and Tennis Club in Newark, DE.
- Puleo research aimed at reducing injury due to dangerous surf
- Associate Professor Jack Puleo and his students are using advanced sensors to map the profile of the surf zone at several beaches in Delaware, to better understand how the profile increases the risk of injury to swimmers.
- '14 Environmental Engineering graduate Anna Wagner recognized for high achievement
- Anna Wagner, a 2014 graduate in environmental engineering, was one of ten students recognized at commencement with a highest grade point average award. An honors student, Anna graduated with a perfect 4.0 GPA.
- Gates Foundation funds novel research
- Professor Steve Dentel received a Phase II award from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to continue research on using breathable fabrics to line latrines and protect nearby water supplies.