UD CEE is organized into seven concentration areas:
- Civil Infrastructure Systems—asset management, natural disaster risk analysis, and infrastructure vulnerability
- Coastal Engineering—coastal engineering, wave mechanics and fluid mechanics.
- Environmental Engineering—water and wastewater treatment, environmental chemistry and remediation, solid and hazardous waste management.
- Geotechnical Engineering—computational geomechanics, soil mechanics, foundation engineering, earth structures engineering.
- Structural Engineering—structural mechanics, dynamics and design, analysis of structures, matrix and finite element methods, computational mechanics, and structural engineering materials.
- Transportation Engineering—urban transportation, traffic engineering, systems engineering, logistics engineering, railroad engineering and engineering management.
- Water Resources Engineering—groundwater hydraulics, groundwater contamination, watershed management, hydrology, and water quality control.